Sunday, April 22, 2018
02:30 PM - 05:45 PM
The need for organizations to create a comprehensive data strategy and data architecture is greater than ever with the rise of the data-driven organization casting a larger spotlight on data-driven initiatives, but creating an enterprise data strategy and architecture can be a daunting task. It can be difficult to know where to begin and how to prioritize efforts with the myriad technologies and stakeholders involved. This workshop will help de-mystify data strategy and data architecture and will provide concrete, practical ways to get started. Hands-on activities and workshops will be included that help apply the concepts to your unique organization.
- Components of a data program and strategy
- Where do we start?
- Building blocks of a data strategy and architecture
- Establishing goals and gaining buy-in
- Motivation and drivers
- Effectively communicating needs and expected ROI to senior executive stakeholders
- Prioritizing business-critical data and capabilities
- Identifying and prioritizing cross-functional stakeholder needs
- Defining and managing business-critical data
- Building the right technical architecture for your organization’s needs
- Determining data management maturity and readiness
- How to easily assess the organization’s level of readiness for any type of data program
- Aligning business need with data management priority
- Defining an actionable roadmap
- Identifying “quick wins”
- Culture and communication
- Showing success metrics
Donna Burbank is a recognized industry expert in information management with over 20 years of experience helping organizations enrich their business opportunities through data and information. She is currently the Managing Director of Global Data Strategy, Ltd., where she assists organizations around the globe in driving value from their data. She has worked with dozens of Fortune 500 companies worldwide in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa and speaks regularly at industry conferences. She has co-authored several books on data management and is a regular contributor to industry publications. She can be reached at email@example.com, and you can follow her on Twitter @donnaburbank.