Thursday, April 26, 2018
08:15 AM - 09:15 AM
The Freddie Mac Single-Family Data Governance and Management (SF DG&M) department was established in 2014 to define how the business line should govern and manage their data. In addition to developing and implementing data governance standards, SF DG&M was tasked with the tactical execution of those standards, including defining the role of the data steward and how this data stewardship model would be operationalized. What you will learn:
- Strategies for establishing a data governance program without regulatory drivers
- How Freddie Mac defined the data stewardship model
- Definition of a data steward
- The link between data stewardship and strong data governance standards
- Identifying and working with data owners (producers) and consumers
- Setting up the framework to operationalize and govern
- How data quality and data security are implemented for stewarded data
- How risk management plays a role in strong data stewardship
- Collaboration with IT development partners and architecture
- Ensuring new development aligns with our future state
- Keys to success (people, processes, and tools) and associated KPIs
- Post Production: How does this work once the systems are productionalized?
Stephanie Grimes is the Manager of Approved Provisioning Points (APPs) Business Management in Single Family Data Governance & Management at Freddie Mac. With over 15 years in the financial services industry, her expertise is focused on IT application development, business process re-engineering and operations. In her current role, she manages two functional teams, APPs Integration & Portfolio Management and APPs Business Operations team, providing production support for shared data and services.
Van Lin is the Shared Information Support Director for Freddie Mac's Single-Family Data Governance and Management department. She has served in various tactical and strategic roles, with over 18 years of experience in business data operations, IT development, and application production support. Van is the Data Steward of shared data and services in the Single Family Division, leading new projects to execute on strategic data architecture and business operations.
Jenny is the Director of the Enterprise Data Strategy and Governance Function for the Single-Family line of business at Freddie Mac. She is responsible for defining the Governance framework and standards as well as the related operating model components (roles, processes, and tools). Prior, Jenny began her Freddie Mac career in the IT division and has held several roles in the network, information security, change management, and data warehouse operations organizations.